Following up with prospects is such an important part of closing a deal. In fact, up to 80% of deals are lost due to a poor follow up strategy especially in highly competitive industries like International Real Estate. With so much competition and not ensuring you’re always at the forefront of the prospect’s mind the follow-up process is extremely paramount when looking to bring that deal home.
Let me start off with some facts for you:
- 42.5% of Salespeople take 10 months or more to start contributing effectively to your company goals.
- On average, salespeople only spend a third of their day talking to prospects whilst the other times they will be completing the following: Emailing 21%, Data Entry 17%, Prospecting/Lead Gen 17%, Internal meetings 12% & scheduling calls 12%
- On average a prospect needs to hear from you 7 times until they decide to purchase and become a client. Even more when you are a new business or releasing a new product to the marketplace.
- 80% of sales need 5 follow up calls after the meeting.
- Up to 50% of sales goes to the company who responds first.
- 63% of people requesting information about your product or services won’t buy for at least 3 months and 20% will take more than 12 months.
- 50% of leads that are qualified are not ready to buy.
- 92% of salespeople give up after the 4th follow up.
- 60% of clients say no 4 times before saying yes!
- The average sales rep only makes 2 attempts to reach a prospect.
As the saying goes ‘the fortune is in the follow up’ and the stats above do not lie. Speaking from my own experience having a thorough strategical follow-up process has helped me land some ‘big whales’ in my 15+ years sales career.
I understand a lot of salespeople don’t like following up as they don’t want to come across as pushy or desperate and the truth of the matter is that they just need to get over it. It’s all part of the sales process.
Taking the stats above into consideration you must remember, people just like you and I are extremely busy, whether that’s with work, deadlines, family life, we all know how busy life can get. Remember this though, if you have a product or service that will benefit their lives and help them save time or win more business or even be the bridge to help them reach their goals you are doing them an injustice by not sharing and keeping them involved. As long you are not selling anything scammy or dodgy we all have to remember we are offering solutions that help our customers in one way or another and not only that but from the salespersons’ point of view, think of all the money you are leaving on the table and how that would change your life?
I totally understand this but what if I told you there is an easier way to follow up?
As a salesperson or leader have you ever thought to yourself, the sales team don’t actually spend a lot of time selling with all the other parts of the role they need to do. A lot of salespeople feel like they don’t have enough information before making the first call or the 4th or 5th for that matter. With 44% of salespeople giving up after the 1st follow up. We all know the importance of following up which includes brand awareness, company growth, relationship building, and loyalty but how can we improve or even change this?
Qube Media is here to help! As experts and specialists in finding your perfect clients for your international real estate agency. We don’t just stop there! We then put your clients through our unique and personalized automated relationship builder and value proposition which helps you build trust, loyalty and brand awareness without you needing to lift a finger. We highly strategize these contacts with your clients so they hear from you in a regular timely manner at any given time. Our Relationship builder also allows us to find out what your clients are after and when they are looking to buy. Furthermore, this frees up your sales team to focus on what they enjoy best and that is closing hot, high-quality, qualified leads when the client is ready to buy. For more information on how Qube Media can help you take your International Real Agency to the next level please view our case study.
I hope you enjoyed the article.
Until next time